Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Feel Like The Tin Man In The Wizard Of Oz!

The tin man had an easy fix to his stiffness and being unable to move: the oil can.  I'm not so sure there's an easy fix for me.  The oil can is translated as Tylenol, Aleve, Advil, Bengay, Deep Heat...and I'm sure you could add to the list.
What is it with the body that makes it our number one enemy the older we get?  I didn't used to have these aches and pains.  I used to be able to run, jump, skip, do cartwheels (well, I've never been able to do cartwheels), but you get my point.  It's gotten to the place where my joints are more accurate than the National Weather Service! 
There was the time when I'd get together with my girlfriends over french fries and a coke talking about school, boys, shopping and what we were going to do together.  Now I get together with those girls and we discuss our aches and pains, what the doctor said and what medication we were prescribed.
Well, it's time for this tin man to take my arthritis pills.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Jackie.I am following you. I am your FIRST! I am a retired elementary teacher .(JUST retired at that.)I live next door (statewise) to you in Louisiana. My blog is new ,too. Check me out!http://bayoulady.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why aren't you posting? your first post made me want to follow you! loooking forward to more from you!~~~~~Jackie

    ReplyDelete